We had so much fun with our challenge on Tuesday. Using a popsicle stick held in our mouth, we had to try and balance 6 dice on the end of the stick for 3 seconds. Lots of people said it would be easy, especially when we first practiced with 2 dice. Everyone had time to plan their strategy and to practice before we had a competition. Some people changed their strategy after getting tips from people who could do it. There was lots of debate about where to put the stick in your mouth and was it better to stand up or sit down? Before the competition began, about 8 people could do it. During the competition, Jack, Teresa, Sam, Harriet and Brooke were successful. Many others came close by getting 5 dice on the stick and some had it but ran out of time. Check out some photos and videos that we took during this challenge or read our blogs to find out more.
Things are hotting up now! The next challenge is an indivudal one. Watch the video and find out how to play "A bit dicey!'
1) Prior to the challenge starting, player places a single popsicle stick in his/her mouth.
2) When the clock starts, player will pick up and vertically stack one die at a time on the stick.
3) Player may not allow dice to rest against their nose or to touch any part of their face.
4) In the event that a die is dropped or falls off of the stick, player may take a replacement die off of the podium and use it in its place.
5) To complete the game, 6 dice must be stacked one on top of the other on the popsicle stick within the 60-second time limit.